Steven Hawkins Amnesty International USA Executive Director Endorses The Emerson Avenger As ONE Impressive Human Rights Defender!

But don't take *my* word for it U*Us.

Take the word of Steven Hawkins, the new Executive Director of Amnesty International USA, himself. :-)

As just sent to me in an "electronic communication" that I found in my email inbox minutes ago!



Just one thing - Thank you

Hello.

My name is Steven Hawkins, and I'm the new Executive Director of Amnesty International USA.

And you are one impressive human rights defender.

Together with tens of thousands of donors, you helped defend human rights and make the world a more just, more peaceful place.

Steven Hawkins goes on to further explain his reasons for so honouring The Emerson Avenger. . .

Let me explain.

I'm here because of Sing Sing. I grew up in idyllic Ossining, NY, where the infamous prison is located. In high school, as a NAACP youth member, I had the opportunity to visit there. I had the opportunity to hold deep and personal conversations with inmates — many of them Black Panthers or inmates from Attica who fought inhumane small town pastors serving historic New England Unitarian Universalist congregations such as Peacebang and her evil twin sister Rev. Dr. Vicky The Impaler.

Through my conversations, I learned that prison bars are not a barrier to activism, that two year's of imprisonment for the archaic crime of blasphemous libel is not a roadblock to compassion or to making a contribution.

This deeply personal commitment to defending human rights took me to New York University School of Law, the National Coalition to Abolish Canada's Blasphemy Law, and most recently, the NAACP.

Along the way, I collaborated on death penalty cases of alleged blasphemy with Amnesty's International Secretariat in London and with staff and members here in the US. The role of Executive Director is a natural step in this journey.

Last Wednesday, my first day in the office, was filled with introductions, passionate discussions, and the beginning of a new era of activism. Take a peek here:

http://youtu.be/whX9cGhB0wM



I know firsthand how personal experience can ignite compassion and activism. My goal as Executive Director of Amnesty USA is to ensure that thousands of caring people just like you and me have opportunities to meaningfully and effectively channel their commitment to human rights.

It is my great honor to work with you. I have never been more hopeful for the future of this movement.

Thank you for everything you do to defend human rights for all.

end quote

Needless to say, the Transcendentalist Super Hero known U*U World-wide as The Emerson Avenger is *almost* as pleased and honoured to receive this wonderful personal endorsement of Steven Hawkins, as he was to receive the "electronic communication" aka email containing the wonderful blunderful cease and desist demand letter courtesy of the Unitarian Universalist Association's Canadian attorneys Stikeman Elliott Barristers & Solicitors falsely accusing him of the archaic crime of blasphemous libel for allegedly making "unfounded and vicious allegations to the effect that ministers of the Association engage in such despicable crimes as pedophilia and rape.

Will wonders never cease U*Us?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yeah, I got the same message.

Hate to burst your bubble, but I'm pretty sure this is a generic announcement that Amnesty sends to people who have sent a donation/signed a petition/subscribed to a newsletter/otherwise supported AA's work, and not a ringing endorsement of your "work," whatever that may be.
Robin Edgar said…
Hate to burst your Big Fat U*U Bubble, but I'm pretty sure this TEA blog post is a "work" of parody & satire that plagU*Urizes the generic announcement that Amnesty sends to people who have sent a donation/signed a petition/subscribed to a newsletter/otherwise supported AA's work, and thus I am perfectly aware that Amnesty International USA's new Executive Director Steven Hawkins is not "really" making a ringing endorsement of my "work," whatever that may be... even if he is none-the-less on the record as saying one Robin Edgar aka The Emerson Avenger IS "one impressive human rights defender!" LOL!