A Female SPVM Police Officer Kindly Asks The Emerson Avenger If He Is Cold While Doing His "Alternative Spiritual Practice" aka "Prophetic Work"

Of protesting against UU anti-religious intolerance and bigotry, UU negligence toward (and complicity in...) all kinds of UU clergy misconduct, and various other UU injustices and abuses, in front of the so-called self-described "Unitarian Church Of Montreal" yesterday, Sunday January 15th, 2012.



The caption for the above U*UTube video reads -

An SPVM patrol car slowly drives past me on de Maisonneuve Boulevard while I am shooting an explanatory video clip about my protest in front of the Unitarian Church Of Montreal on Sunday January 15, 2012. A female police officer riding in the passenger seat rolls down the window and kindly asks me if I am cold.

end quote

It seems to me that by politely, and seemingly quite sincerely*, asking me if I am suffering from the cold weather while engaging in my peaceful public protest on front of the alleged Unitarian Church Of Montreal yesterday, and not intervening in any other way at all, this female SPVM police officer (to say nothing of her partner who was driving the patrol car) was more or less affirming and promoting my inherent worth and dignity, as well as respecting my constitutionally guaranteed right to engage in "non-violent direct action" aka peaceful public protest in front of this alleged Unitarian Church. At least three different SPVM police vehicles passed by the Unitarian Church Of Montreal while I was protesting yesterday and not one of them bothered to stop and intervene in any way. In fact, over the course of this long term protest, the vast majority of SPVM police officers who have answered complaint calls from Montreal Unitarians or otherwise intervened in my protest have shown rather more respect for my inherent worth and dignity than most Montreal Unitarians have. . .

Only a minority of irresponsible and incompetent "cowboys", such as Sergeant Detective Scott Darragh for *example*, have over-stepped the not inconsiderable authority invested in them by the Montreal public with various forms of police harassment and intimidation. I have been protesting in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal for over 13 years now and, over the course of that whole time period, I can only think of about eight or so occasions when SPVM police officers have behaved in an overly-authoritarian, intimidating, or otherwise unprofessional or incompetent manner. Of those occasions there were really only three comparatively serious ones which caused me to seriously consider filing a formal complaint against the SPVM officers involved in them with the Quebec Police Ethics Commission aka Commissaire à la déontologie policière. In the end I only filed one complaint against Sergeant Detective Scott Darragh for unjustifiably and aggressively threatening me with another arrest during a meeting that I had with him and Lieutenant Sylvain Boisvert at Station 11 in June 2010. With the help of Mouvement Action Justice my complaint against Sergeant Detective Scott Darragh was resolved to my satisfaction early last October during a conciliation meeting with him held at the offices of the Quebec Police Ethics Commission in Old Montreal.

That's all for now. . .



i.e. I did not detect any hint or tone of sarcastic or condescending feigned concern in this SPVM police officer's words to me.

Comments

Katie Hayes said…
Forgive my ignorance, since I am an American, but Canadians have a Constitution? Is it like our American one?
Robin Edgar said…
Your "less than willful" ignorance is hereby officially forgiven by the dreaded Emerson Avenger Katie. ;-)

Canada does indeed have its own Constitution, which it "repatriated" from Great Britain a couple of centuries after the U.S.A. drew up its constitution. Canada's Constitution Act Of 1982 is perhaps better known as the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms. Feel free to read through it to determine how similar it is to the U.S. constitution. Needless to say there are numerous similarities in terms of the rights and freedoms that both constitutions ostensibly guarantee.

Thank you for your free and responsible search for the Truth and meaning of this TEA blog post.