Could I Interest Corpse-Cold Unitarian*Universalist U*Us In A Date With Elvis? Just How Far *Can* Too Far Go U*Us?

U*U blogger Braidwood is desperately seeking a date on the 'eHarmony is free from now until Jan 3rd' post of her Authentic Threads blog today. I considered waggishly offering her a date with the dreaded Emerson Avenger but then thought the better of it. . . Then I thought of suggesting that she *might* want a date with Elvis since I happen to be a fan of The Cramps and once owned *their* A Date With Elvis recording. I mean, let's face it U*Us, what more could any corpse-cold Unitarian want than a date with Elvis, or some other corpse-cold celebrity? :-) Butt seriously, I have nothing personal against Braidwood, and therefore imposed a restraining order against myself aka refrained from waggishly suggesting a date with Elvis to her. Anyway, for all I know, she might be more interested in a date with Elvira.

Still. . .

This train of thought *did* remind me that I have been meaning to use one or two songs of The Cramps to poke fun at hypocritical U*Us as part of my U*Us Face The Music campaign. For some strange reason I can't help but think of U*Us in general, and Peacebang in particular. . . whenever I hear The Cramps song 'How Far Can Too Far Go?'. . .

So, without further ado, here is a U*UTube video of The Cramps song 'How Far Can Too Far Go' along with its questionable questioning lyrics courtesy of The Emerson Avenger. Just think of it as being included amongst my ways of burning a Big Fat U*U Question Mark in front of hypocritical U*Us -

Stick `em up baby. Reach for the sky.
Here`s somethin` new U*Us might like to try. . .
I know a place that`s far from here
where the squares they won`t come near


U*Uh huh. You`ll be the queen of the tractor pull
In U*U training gear U*U`ll break all the rules. . .
I like it tough and I don`t talk my kicks.
If I had me a hammer I`d show U*U some tricks.

How far?
Yeah! How far?
Oh how far baby?
How far can too far go?

Let`s go now. . .

Giddy*up baby . . . U*U la la. . .

Giddy*up baby . . . Shah la la la la la la etc.

I know a place that`s far from here

where the squares they won`t come near
A smell of honey the swallow of brine
Let`s whU*Up it up have a real bad time

How far?
Ya ya! How far?
Oh How far baby?
How far can too far go?
Oh how far baby?
How far can too far go?
I said how far baby?
How far can too far go?

Comments