The Transparent Eye Ball Of Ralph Waldo Emerson And The Somewhat Less Than Transparent Eye-Ball Of The Emerson Avenger. . .

In a blog post titled glad to the brink of fear. . . Boston Unitarian has quoted the passage from 'Nature' in which the world famous American Transcendentalist and "disillusioned" Unitarian Ralph Waldo Emerson speaks about becoming a transparent eye-ball.

Here is the pertinent quote -

"I become a transparent eye-ball; I am nothing; I see all; the currents of the Universal Being circulate through me; I am part or particle of God."

And here is the comment that I just submitted in response to this Boston Unitarian blog post -

We are all part or particle of God, and seen by God's transparent eye-ball, whether we are conscious of that fact or not. Allow me to paraphrase Aldous Huxley and say that facts do not cease to exist just because they are disbelieved. . .

end quote

For the record U*Us facts do not cease to exist just because they are "memory holed" or otherwise covered up and hidden from view. . .

Comments