Rebutting The Tragic U*U BS Of Joel Monka. . .

The following long overdue point-by-point rebuttal of Joel Monka's victim blaming, and otherwise DIM Thinking, The Tragedy of Robin Edgar thread has just been posted as a follow-up comment on his CUUMBAYA blog. I am cross posting it here with a few minor errors and typos corrected:


Well I guess I might as well waste some more of my time and finally thoroughly rebut Joel Monka's U*U BS. Herewith my long overdue point-by-point rebuttal of Joel Monka's rather tragic DIM Thinking U*U BS -

:If this is the first UU blog you’ve ever read, you will be wondering what this is about; have faith- you will soon learn, as he is one of the most prolific posters in the religious world.

Look's that way doesn't it Joel?

:If you are a veteran of any UU blogs or forums, you are already well acquainted with Robin, for I’m unaware of a single UU venue he hasn’t posted on.

You are unaware of a lot more than that Joel. In fact there are plenty of U*U "venues" that I have not bothered to post on, to say nothing of those that I have been banned from posting on. . .

:He has made it difficult to follow many a thread on most forums for years by hijacking them for his own agenda, a habit that has resulted in a great many of his posts being deleted and made him persona non grata in many venues. But this is not the tragedy of Robin Edgar.

Indeed it isn't. The real tragedy here is U*U "memory holing" and other U*U censorship of legitimate criticism and dissent. Especially when U*Us pretend to be "opposed to censorship by church, state or any other institution" and great defenders of civil rights and liberties in their evidently fraudulent religious propaganda. . .

:Robin is a man of considerable intelligence and command of the language, capable of finely reasoned argument- but for years he has been using this talent for a single purpose, to attack.

Wrong. I most certainly do use my considerable intelligence and command of language and finely reasoned argument to expose and denounce U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy but that is by no means the only way I use these talents. For the record a good portion of my "attacks" are in defence against, or retaliatation for. . . insulting and defamatory attacks on me by intolerant and abusive U*Us.

:Rather than eagerly reading his posts as people once did, they now skip over them as there will be nothing new,

No of course not. . . It's the same old same old isn't it Joel?

:and even the old news will be stated in such savage terms as to be either maddening or just sad.

ROTFLMU*UO! Where are all these "savage terms" Joel?

I dare say that intolerant and abusive U*Us are far more prone to using savage terms that are either maddening or just sad than I am Joel. Heck, half the time I am having a good laugh at the expense of foolish U*Us.

:But this is not the tragedy of Robin Edgar.

Indeed it is not, because it is just more ignorant U*U BS spouted by Joel Monka.

:Robin has divided the world into two camps: those who will take up his cause and attack people they don’t know from Adam just on his say-so, and those he considers his enemies.

Another fine example of Joel Monka's ridiculous U*U BS.

:He even treats those who sympathize with him and wish him well, as I do despite his recent behavior and personal insults, in the same harsh manner. But this is not the tragedy of Robin Edgar.

Indeed it isn't Joel. Your U*U BS is BS is BS. . .

:Robin claims to have been treated unfairly by his home UU congregation, and you know what? Despite not knowing any of the principals in the fight, I believe he probably was- at least in the beginning, before descending to their level and below.

Maybe Joel Monka would care to provide some examples of just how I have descended to the level of Rev. Raymond Drennan, other Montreal Unitarians, to say nothing of various UUA officials like Rev. Diane Miller, Rev. Dr. Tracey Robinson-Harris and other rather low U*Us.

:The attitudes and language he (endlessly) complains of actually ring true for a certain strain of secular humanist I’ve witnessed in action myself. But even this is not the tragedy of Robin Edgar.

Indeed this is not my tragedy Joel. The attitudes and language I (endlessly) complain of actually do ring true for a certain strain of secular humanists and that is actually a tragedy, but by no means the only one. . . of the "tiny fringe religion" known as Unitarian*Universalism aka U*Uism.

:The tragedy of Robin Edgar is that he has forsaken his vision.

More U*U BS courtesy of Joel Monka.

:Robin was granted a profound religious vision, and mission.

Right. Please remind us just what that profound religious vision and mission was Joel.

:This is something the Divine does not do lightly, or for no reason- there are those who spend their lives seeking such a revelation, who pray that they be given such a mission.

And who should be very careful what they ask for lest they get it. . .

:He did make an attempt to follow this mission... but after being rejected by a single congregation of a single denomination, his purpose changed.

More U*U BS. My purpose did not change but I did add and synthesize the purpose of exposing and denouncing U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy to my "mission", particularly since the slanderous lies of the U*Us harmed my ability to carry out my "mission" and, at least in some ways. . . protesting against these and other U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy helped me to spread the word about it.

:Instead of spreading the word, his pain demanded that he punish the denomination that rejected him.

Wrong again Joel. My ongoing fight against U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy has little to do with personal pain. I am a very emotionally tough person in case U*Us haven't noticed yet. . . It has much more to do with trying to bring some much needed reform to the corrupted and quite Godless "tiny fringe religion" known as U*Uism. Like UUA Presidential candidate Peter Morales, I believe that U*Uism is capable of becoming considerably more than the "tiny fringe religion" that it currently is if it returns to the monotheistic religious heritage that it has all but totally rejected. . .

:Instead of spreading the good news of the Divine, he decided to spread the bad news of the UUA.

More U*U BS. I am doing both and even synthesizing those "missions" to some degree. Anyway, who said that the news I got from "the Divine" was all good news? I certainly didn't. . .

:His hurt led him to abandon his vision in favor of punishing anyone who will not march to Boston to protest his rejection.

ROTFLMU*UO! Yet another fine example of Joel Monka's completely over-the-top U*U BS. I have most certainly not abandoned my vision nor am I punishing anyone who will not march to Boston with me to protest against a whole host of U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy.

:He has squandered an entire decade on this mission of pride, rather than the mission of God he was granted.

Wrong again Joel. For starters my prophetic "mission" against various U*U injustices, abuses and hypocrisy, including but by no means limited to the anti-religious intolerance and bigotry that corrupts the U*U "religion", is not a "mission of pride". In fact pride has little to do with it. If anyone has "squandered an entire decade" it is DIM Thinking Unitarian*Universalist U*Us who have squandered numerous opportunities to do the right thing, acknowledge the very real and very well-documented injustices, abuses and hypocrisy that they are clearly and unequivocally guilty of, and finally get around to responding in genuine responsibility to the Spirit that bloweth where it listeth. . .

:He spent that precious time seeking allies in his quest to punish those who rejected him rather than seeking those who would accept his vision.

More U*U BS. I spent very little time "seeking allies" in my quest to expose and denounce U*U injustices abuses and hypocrisy because it was obvious that very few U*Us were interested in practicing what they preach from the beginning of this conflict. I have spent plenty of time seeking those who would accept my vision but very few people seem terribly interested in doing that either. Hundreds of thousands of people, if not a few million, have been exposed to my vision in various ways but almost none have shown much interest in becoming allies. It is not me who is squandering my "mission" or my "vision" but the many people who choose to ignore it or reject it out of hand. Tragically that includes thousands of U*Us who pretend in their fraudulent religious propaganda and outrageously hypocritical sermons to be a "religious community" where "Revelation is not sealed!"

:That time could have been spent writing books or pamphlets about God’s Eye-

Been there done that years ago Joel. . .

:but when Googling to write this post, all I could find written in detail about his vision was a 1997 short article in a CUUPS newsletter.

My various "websights" that shared my vision with hundreds of thousands of people went down in the fall of 2006 but a Google search should have found cached versions of them. I must get around to rebuilding them one of these days but, in that hundreds of thousands of people were exposed to the revelation that I am claiming and were not all that interested in helping me to share it, reestablishing those websights is not my highest priority at the moment.

:During that decade, Wicca grew from a few thousand to a couple million, (many times the size of the UUA), Falun Gong entranced millions, and legions of seekers have wandered from Pagan sect to metaphysical bookstore, looking for that vision. And where was Robin? Hanging out in UU forums, blasting the minister at his first congregation.

And where was that tiny, and indeed rather stagnant and even dwindling, "fringe religion" known as U*Uism Joel? Where might Unitarian*Universalism be today if it had actually lived up to its claimed principles and purposes and other ideals in its *reaction* to my claimed revelation of God rather than consistently and repeatedly making a total mockery of them? For the record I was by no means blasting only the fundamentalist atheist anti-religious bigot of a "Humanist" U*U minister who intolerantly and abusively attacked me, and trampled all over the pearls of timeless wisdom that I honoured U*Us by trying to share with them. I have been blasting the Unitarian Church of Montreal as a congregation, the UUA as an institution, and various injustices, abuses and hypocrisy found throughout the so-called U*U World. That is part and parcel of what prophets are called to do *Joel*. . .

:Robin is still a relatively young man; there is still time for him to fulfill the mission God gave him.

Please do fill us in on the extent and details of the mission God gave me Joel. I am all ears. Or perhaps I should say I am all eyes. . . But thanks for acknowledging that there is still time for me to fulfill said "mission". Even if there is not, God can find someone else to fulfill it. God has lots of time. It is human beings who may be running out of time to respond appropriately to contemporary revelation of God. Indeed most human beings who have been exposed to my "mission" in one way or the other over the last decade or more have squandered the opportunity that was presented to them, and that includes no shortage of religious leaders from various faiths. Please do point out which U*U minister ever responded in genuine responsibility to the spirit of my mission Joel. . .

:There is still time for the Emerson Avenger to realize that vengeance belongs to God, and I pray to all I hold sacred that he does so... but I fear he will not.

I am not actually seeking "vengeance" Joel. I am seeking genuine restorative justice, equity and accountability, to say nothing of a little compassion. . . from (so far) rather corpse-cold Unitarians Joel. Of course, in the absence of even the slightest effort on the part of Unitarian*Universalist U*Us to provide some genuine justice and equity, to say nothing of their preference to try to delay, deny and outright pervert justice, a little bit of U*U Jihad "direct action" here and there helps to fill the gaping hole where genuine justice and equity should be. . .

:He is in Denial about his own role in his marginalization...

Wrong again Joel, but you are certainly in deep Denial of the role of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, the UUA and its aptly named Ministerial Fellowship Committee, and the roles of many other DIM Thinking U*Us (including your own role) in my ongoing marginalization within the U*U World. I went though standard procedures for more than two years before going public Joel. Montreal Unitarians and UUA U*Us squandered more than two years in which a genuinely just, equitable and compassionate resolution to this war of words could have been quite easily reached. Since then they have squandered the better part of a decade by not only doing absolutely nothing to responsibly redress my serious grievances but they have only escalated and aggravated this war of words with their deeply misguided and outrageously hypocritical unjust, inequitable and uncompassionate reactionary reactions to my legitimate grievances and protests.

:Ignorant of how many out there are ready to receive the vision he has stopped offering them...

You are apparently ignorant of the fact that I have already offered "the vision" to hundreds of thousands of people who have mostly ignored it, disregarded it, or rejected it out of hand. I have never stopped offering my vision Joel even if I have slowed my pace a bit for some good reasons. My vision has been available on the internet for many years in one form or another and, where possible, I continue to offer it to people in other ways. As usual it tends to fall on "deaf" ears and "blind" eyes.

:and Minimizing the damage he is doing to his own soul by forsaking his mission.

God knows that I have not forsaken my mission Joel, even if I have taken a bit of a go slow approach for some very good reasons for the last little while. You and other DIM Thinking U*Us are however clearly Minimizing the damage that U*Us have done, and are still doing, to their own U*U Souls and to U*Uism as a "religion" by forsaking virtually every principle, every purpose and ideal, claimed by U*Uism in not only ignoring and/or rejecting my "mission" and "vision" but by intolerantly and abusively trampling all over the pearls that I have offered to the U*U "religious community". And That is the real tragedy of the U*U World Joel. . . The one thing that you claim is "The Tragedy of Robin Edgar" is not even true, but I can point to any number of ways that U*Us have responded to my "mission" and my "vision" that can be properly described as tragic. In fact your DIM Thinking U*U BS spouted here could be justifiably described as the tragedy of Joel Monka. . .

Comments