The Inherent Worth And Dignity Of A Totalitarian Unitarian "Citizens' Police Officer". . .

In a blog post about the The Inherent Worth of Terrorists on his Celestial Lands blog, Unitarian*Universalist military chaplain David Pyle says -

:for me the hardest interpretation of the first principle to live with is that, no matter what someone has done, no matter how many buildings they have blown up or how many people they have killed, they have the exact same inherent worth and dignity that I do… or that Gandhi did.

This practice is the hardest part of my personal commitment to Unitarian Universalism. For a long time I wanted to add a “caveat” to the First Principle… that “everyone was born with the same inherent worth and dignity, but not everyone keeps it”… but that was a cop out.

Here is my response to that statement which is still awaiting "moderation" on David Pyle's blog.

Robin Edgar Says: Your comment is awaiting moderation.

January 16th, 2008 at 12:51 pm

:For a long time I wanted to add a “caveat” to the First Principle… that “everyone was born with the same inherent worth and dignity, but not everyone keeps it”… but that was a cop out.

I am not so sure that it was all that much of a “cop out” David. I dare say that this U*U Tube video of a Totalitarian Unitarian “Citizens’ Police Officer” well illustrates that not everyone keeps it. I dare say that he is losing it. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfxw1yZAS0M

And here is that U*U Tube video embedded here for your viewing pleasure.



Other videos of that Totalitarian Unitarian "Citizen's Police Officer" making a considerably less than dignified U*U out of himself may be viewed here, and here, and here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
The Youtube comments on the video of him harassing the old people are hilarious, particularly his attempts to argue with people and explain how he does have normal social relationships.

Also, apparently Robin is picking fights with teenage girls on LJ.
Robin Edgar said…
Yet another idiotic and childish comment from an anonymous U*U. . .

As anyone can see from this U*U Tube video, and some of the other U*U Tube videos, this old Totalitarian Unitarian "Citizens' Police Officer" is far more guilty of harassing me than the flip side of that coin. All I am doing is quite calmly commenting on his obviously belligerent behaviour that is clearly unlawful. There is no question that this old, but not wise. . . Totalitarian Unitarian is breaking several laws in his harassment of me which is clearly a misguided attempt to deprive me of my constitutionally guaranteed right to peaceful public protest.

Interestingly enough, the real police have not responded to any complaints from the Unitarian Church of Montreal by coming by and having a chat with me ever since this U*U Tube video was posted to YouTube. That is a full four months in which the police have done nothing more than drive by the church a few times to a have a quick look to see that I am conducting my usual protest. I can't help but think that the real police may well have seen this video, as well as the other ones, and came to the conclusion that Montreal Unitarians not only have virtually no cause to repeatedly call in complaints to them but are themselves guilty of some illegal behaviour that would warrant me calling in a complaint or two about U*Us. . .

Quite frankly it was completely idiotic for this Totalitarian Unitarian to be on the phone telling the police what he was doing in his truly asinine attempt to force the police to urgently intervene. I have often said that Montreal Unitarians lend a whole new meaning to the term "police harassment" by repeatedly harassing the police with numerous spurious complaints about my peaceful protest outside of their alleged "church". It seems that the police dispatcher almost certainly heard this idiotic U*U refer to himself as a "Citizens' Police Officer" which effectively means *vigilante*, and is one small step away from impersonating a police officer. I cannot imagine that the real police are the least bit impressed with this self-proclaimed Citizens' Police Officer's "citizen's arrest".

I could probably have had this U*U "Citizens' Police Officer" charged with several illegal acts had I chosen to do so but, unlike Montreal Unitarians, I generally try not bother the police with comparatively minor complaints. In fact the only times that I have ever called the police during this decade long dispute is when U*Us stole my picket signs, assaulted me, or made fairly serious threats against me.

As far as my allegedly "picking fights" with teenage girls goes, anyone can read my dialogue with the seventeen year old U*U known as "thephantommilk" in the comments section of this U*U Tube video and determinine for themselves whether or not am "picking fights" with teenage U*Us. I simply posted a short humorous comment directing a young U*U of indeterminate age to view this video of an "amazing U*U" on their LiveJournal blog as it is my policy to make as many U*Us as possible aware of this conflict. She initially responded angrily to my comment on her blog but, after engaging in a free and responsible search for the truth and meaning behind my comment, very quickly came around to agreeing with much if not most of what I have to say about what she herself describes as "bigoted hypocrites in the UU". . . As far as I am concerned this seventeen year old U*U girl has done a far better job of living up to the purported principles and purposes of U*Uism than most of the seventy-something U*Us I know, including the aging U*U vigilante in this U*U Tube video.