An U*U Soul, A Trickster, And Some Sacred Clowning Around. . . ;-)

Well it turns out that Rev. Mark Christian, Lead Minister of the First Unitarian Church of Oklahoma City, has yet another Unitarian Universalist blog that is rather more active than his languishing 'Ask A Rev' blog. Indeed, so far. . . Rev. Christian has done a pretty good job of living up to his name by not "memory*holing", or otherwise censoring and suppressing, my comments on his Freely In Faith blog.

Here is my latest comment that I just posted to Rev. Mark Christian's 'Is Faith Funny?' blog post. It responds to an earlier comment made by a female U*U blogger going by the handle U*U Soul, who for some reason recently changed the title of one of her two U*U blogs from 'Finding My U*U Soul' to 'Soul Works'. U*U Soul saw fit to bring up the subject of the Trickster figure or "Sacred Clown" of Native American religious beliefs and practices -

"They speak funny, they dance badly (or well), they tease, they mimic tourists, they act out the weather, they sing, they make people laugh, but above all their presence is considered to have spiritual significance."

I guess that makes me a bit of a Trickster then U*U Soul. ;-)

I speak funny, I dance badly (or well. . .), I tease, I mimic tourists, I act out the weather, I sing (badly), I make people laugh, but above all my presence is considered to have spiritual significance.

Comments

WellSoul said…
I didn't realize that you had responded to my comment until I moved my blog to WordPress. I like that it tells you who has linked to your blog. Of course, I've gone and renamed my blog again too ;)