Peacebang aka Rev. Victoria Weinstein Edges Out Rev. Diane Miller As The Emerson Avenger's New Poster Girl For U*U Community Denial

For in the same way U*Us judge others, U*Us will be judged, and with the measure U*Us use, it will be measured to U*Us. . .

:Avenger, I really and truly hope you write about UU sexual abuse and misconduct on your own blog.

Your wish is my command Peacebang. Not that I haven't written about U*U sexual abuse before.

:As I said, I will happily link to it.

I just saved you the trouble.

:I'm sure you have worthwhile insights,

I'll get around to that. I have worthwhile insights about U*U "community denial" but you "memory holed them".

:and I like to think my post on how Catholic theology might lead to priestly misconduct could lead us all -- starting with you if you choose to begin that thread -- to think about how Unitarian and Universalist theology can similarly -- although for different theological reasons -- lead to UU sexual misconduct.

I have other priorities at the moment, I am actually more concerned about U*Us turning a blind eye to various kinds of non-sexual misconduct, however I am certainly capable of getting around to doing that down the road a bit. . .

:I am not denying the reality of UU sexual misconduct.

One would hope not but you are denying the reality of other U*U injustices and abuses and trying to hide them from public view. . .

:It has been a terrible reality in our congregations as well as in the Catholic world.

No kidding. . . Guess which denomination has a better track record of responsibly dealing with it. Here's a clue. The article that you referred to, which makes it clear that the Roman Catholic Church will investigate the Foley allegations even though they are decades old. . . and the UUA's official "apology" to victims of sexual misconduct by U*U clergy in which Kathleen Montgomery, Executive Vice President of the Unitarian Universalist Association, expressly states -

Let me say this as simply and unequivocally as I know how: the Association has largely failed the people most hurt by sexual misconduct, the victims and survivors. ***Other denominations have done better.*** These brave and bruised people have, more often than not I suspect, been left lonely, confused, afraid, angry and betrayed. Un-ministered to.

:If I wasn't clear, let me try again: when you name people's names and link to your own articles of grievances against them, you're using this blog as a host for your own, or as I think of it as "free advertising" for your own cause.

That is just another lame excuse that seeks to rationalize and justify your DIM Thinking censorship and suppression of my own grievances AND the various other U*U injustices and abuses that I am exposing and denouncing. You are guilty of censorship pure and simple. U*U church censorship that serves to cover-up and deny a variety of U*U injustices and abuses.

:I don't allow this for anyone.

That is U*U BS. Anyone who posts anything else here that names people's names is alllowed to. It is only because I am exposing and denouncing internal U*U injustices and abuses and name those people who are directly or indirectly responsible for those injustices and abuses that you "memory hole" my posts.

:If someone came on this blog and turned most of my posts into an opportunity to link to something they were promoting, I would also say, "Knock it off. Don't parasite off my blog."

More U*U BS. I only comment on posts that are pertinent to the issues that I am dealing with and that is by no means most of your posts. . . I am saying "Knock it off. Don't censor and suppress my legitimate comments." And I mean it. . .

:If you had said, "Hey, don't throw stones, because UUs sure have their own history of sexual abuse," I would have seen that and said, "so true."

But that is not what I said. . . Nor would I say that. By all means throw stones but throw stones at U*U injustices and abuses before you go engage in U*U "community denial" by pointing the finger at Catholic injustices and abuses while Denying, Ignoring and Minimizing even worse U*U ones. . . Foley was fondled. A U*U lay person was just convicted of raping his neighbor's daughter and even his own daughter. And according to the email you just sent me it was in fact *your* parish in which this case occurred.

You said in it - "I don't post their names or discuss their trials and tribulations specifically, and I expect you not to, either."

No, of course not. . . you just rail away at Catholics who you indirectly name and shame because a Catholic priest massaged and fondled a young boy. You deliver this "tirade" directed at Catholics at precisely the same time that a member of your own U*U
congregation is convicted of raping not only his neighbor's daughter but even his own daughter. Then you have the unmitigated gall to say -

:Are you generating conversation or just promoting your own links? I think the latter.

Are you generating conversation about U*U sexual abuse or just engaging in U*U community denial of sexual abuse and indeed non-sexual clergy misconduct within the U*U community? I think the latter. . .

:I look forward to your thread on how Unitarian and/or Universalist theological tradition may or may have contributed to sexual violations past and present.

You might have a to wait a bit Victoria. . . I have other fish to fry at the moment. I will be creating a thread or two on how you and other DIM Thinking U*U clergy definitely have contributed to U*U "community denial" of sexual and/or non-sexual violations past and present.

:Someone should take up the thread, if not you.

I dare say you should as an act of contrition and penitence for your own ongoing participation in U*U "community denial" of clergy misconduct and other U*U injustices and abuses past and present. . .

:Maybe I will start it later if I have the time.

I suggest that you find the time very soon. I suggesrt that you devote as much time to exposing and denouncing internal U*U injustices abuses as you do to pointing the finger at Catholics and other denominations.

:For now, I have a Sunday service to prepare and I can't yield to the temptation.

Of course not. Plus you have to prepare for that very special meeting with my good friend Rev. Deborah Pope-Lance after that service. Please do say hello to Deborah for me Victoria. It was Deborah who very astutely described my ongoing protest against U*U injustices, abuses and outrageous hypocrisy in front of the Unitarian Church of Montreal, to say nothing of on the internet. . . as my "alternative spiritual practice" rather too many years ago.

:So readers, now that we've looked at the Catholic issue, in what ways might *liberal theology* be used as a foundation or justification for sexual misconduct and violation of the body?

You are still ignoring the issue of your own and other U*Us' "community denial" of U*U injustices and abuses Victoria and not just those that involve sexual misconduct. . . To be honest you really disappoint me Peacebang. I expected a lot better from Rev. Victoria Weinstein than I have received from you. Your friend Jesus has some advice for you. . .

1 "Do not judge, or you too will be judged.

2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your Catholic brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own U*U eye?

4 How can you say to your Catholic brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own U*U eye?

5 You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own U*U eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your Catholic brother's eye.

Of course I should have heeded this advice myself. . .

6 "Do not give U*Us what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pig-headed U*Us. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Comments

Chalicechick said…
You know, Peacebang had been really vocal about airing criticisms of the UUA.

I wonder if she will feel as comfortable doing so now that you've "outed" her.

Probably not. I doubt there would ever be direct repercussions, but it's probably easier to be fully honest about problems in an organization you're part of when you're anonymous. My guess is she won't be as direct about problems any more.

If I were at the UUA, I'd send you a thank-you card for that little stunt. You've done them a big favor by silencing someone who was critical of them.

CC